looking for comparable IEM to replace my Klipsch S4
Sep 29, 2015 at 8:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Snipe?Star

New Head-Fier
so i've been using a pair of Klipsh S4's to listen to music on my phone while i work out at the gym, but the connection at the end of the plug has gone bad to the point where they are too much of a hassle to use, thanks to the worthless straight plug that catches and bends the wire in your pocket.  Its really frustrating because i had a pair of the original S4s (that i was quite happy with!) but lost them somewhere, and when i ordered a replacement pair Klipsh had done a refresh to the models, part of which changed the 90 degree plug to a straight plug-- why the **** they decided to do that, is beyond me.  i guess it makes more sense to make a product that will break and need replacing within a year instead of just making a quality product from the start. yay.  anyway, i'm in the market for new IEMs, and suffice to say, i will not be getting another pair of S4s.

i was just wondering what recommendations you guys would throw out-- my only conditions are that they be around the same quality, around the same price, and they need to have the 90 degree plug.

thanks.

Sep 29, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #2 of 8
right now i'm looking at the sennheiser IE4s... they are a bit cheaper than the Klipsh S4s, so i'm wondering if they would be noticeably worse quality.

Sep 29, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #3 of 8
Take a look at the Xiaomi Piston 3. From what I've read, it's as close to pro class as it gets without the pro class price. Just beware that some sites sell fakes or factory rejects.

Sep 30, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #5 of 8
They are available through Amazon but they seem to be out of stock at this moment. I suggest buying direct from Amazon rather than a third party seller.

Sep 30, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #6 of 8
pictures show its got a straight plug.

unfortunately, that's gonna be a deal-breaker for me, as my experience with those has not been great (i've had it with other headphones beyond my S4s).

Shame, because they actually look pretty nice

Sep 30, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #8 of 8
wait so all of those ship from china?  i'm not ordering anything that needs to ship overseas, the last time i ordered an accessory for my 3DS from overseas it took FOREVER to get to me.

ugh why is this so annoying.  anyway i'm just going to run around to radioshack or book stores and pick up a super cheap pair of iems i can use until i can get myself back on my feet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back