Looking for Compact Speakers, please help
Feb 19, 2011 at 2:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Blackwheel

100+ Head-Fier
I was originally going to pull the trigger on a pair of Energy RC-Minis that were sold in the FS section, but I didn't. What I'm wondering now is, are there any new models/ products (from any brand) that offer better sound in the same compact space? I'd be willing to spend 200, more if it's something worth it.

Thanks

Feb 19, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #2 of 5
I would also consider the paradigm atoms, another fine Canadian speaker that would be similar sounding to the energy series.  My brother has a set and they are fantastic.  I own 3 pair of their big brother, the titans.

Feb 23, 2011 at 7:24 AM Post #3 of 5
I second the Atoms.  Worth the price hike, though a bit larger than the Energy's.  I was in the same boat, and decided to get a pair of Silverline Minuets.  Very happy with the performance to size ratio, they are one step more expensive than the Atoms.

If you wanted to sacrifice some shelf-space for a whole heap of money, Best Buy's house-branded Insignia Bookshelf's are actually great at $70 a pair, in-store.

Feb 23, 2011 at 1:01 PM Post #4 of 5
[size=medium]Thanks for the feedback guys. I had this feeling that I should have pulled the trigger on those Energies when I had the chance, do you think I should sill pick up a pair of those if I see them? Are Energies really that good?[/size]

[size=medium]Also, both the Atoms and the Minuets look really nice. I’m leaning towards the Minuets, though they are at the high end of my price range.[/size]

[size=medium]Oh, I also forgot to mention, that I'm going to be using the speakers on my work desk.[/size]

Feb 25, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #5 of 5
The new Pioneer bookshelf from bestbuy has been getting a lot of positive reviews for its price. This might be your cheapest and best bet.

The RC-Mini's are real good and a definite step up from these, if you can find a good price for them, get them, but I wouldnt pay full price for them.

Atoms are a bit overrated IMO, I would pick them up if you can find em for cheap, not worth full retail at AD's IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back