Looking for comfortable headphones
Oct 11, 2013 at 12:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

slipknot94

New Head-Fier
Hello

I'm a new member here but in the last few weeks I read a lot of threads here and reviews about headphones becuase I'm looking for headphones right now.
I'm looking for a 100$ headphones for basic use in the computer like music ,gaming , movie making and just to listen to music with my iPhone.
I currently have the Sennheiser HD205 which I'm really disappointed of because this set is not comfortable at all and make my head hurts after 20 minuets.

What I'm looking for is headphones with good sound at general because I listen to all kinds of electronic music ,dubstep etc and also to metal and alternative but the most important thing to me is the comfort,I need headphones that I will be able to wear them for more than 2 hours without my head being hurt and pressured by the headphones.
Sound leakage and Isolation is not a problem , I would like it to be over ear/on ear and to be totally comfort,I don't want to end up with something like the hd205 :/

first,I'm sorry for my english,I'm from Israel and English is not my main language.

Thank you in advance for you help,I really appreciate it :)

Oct 12, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #2 of 6
Once again I’ll mention that headphone comfort is a very individual thing.  We can point you to headphones that are generally considered to be comfortable and mention others that have garnered complaints for being uncomfortable.  However, the only way to know for sure is to wear them yourself for a time equivalent to your longest listening session.

Oct 12, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #3 of 6
Once again I’ll mention that headphone comfort is a very individual thing.  We can point you to headphones that are generally considered to be comfortable and mention others that have garnered complaints for being uncomfortable.  However, the only way to know for sure is to wear them yourself for a time equivalent to your longest listening session.

So true.

There are certainly some headphones that are generally found to be comfortable by a wide range of people or generally uncomfortable to many. But that doesn't mean that you will find them to be the same way. Comfort includes factors such as how warm the headphones get, the clamping pressure, and how the cups fit on/around the ears. Since people have different head shapes/ear shapes and tolerances to these things--as well as positioning the headphones slightly different on their heads--very difficult to predict.

Oct 12, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #4 of 6
So true.

There are certainly some headphones that are generally found to be comfortable by a wide range of people or generally uncomfortable to many. But that doesn't mean that you will find them to be the same way. Comfort includes factors such as how warm the headphones get, the clamping pressure, and how the cups fit on/around the ears. Since people have different head shapes/ear shapes and tolerances to these things--as well as positioning the headphones slightly different on their heads--very difficult to predict.

I understand what you say but lets take the Sennheiser hd205 for example,now when I just put it on my head it makes a lot of pressure and it doesn't matter if I change the size of it.
I'm looking for headphones that wont be so tight on my head,I even prefer Velour pads if possible,I want some suggestions so I could know what store should I go to and then try to wear the specific suggestions I get here

I hope you can help , thanks :)

Oct 12, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #5 of 6
If you want less pressure, put the HD205s around some books (little bit wider than your head) for a few days and see if they will stretch out a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back