Looking for comfortable headphones with good bass
Sep 27, 2013 at 9:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

kuromina

New Head-Fier
First post - Hello Head-Fi!

I've been thinking about trying some new headphones for a while but I need some help first.
I wear headphones 2-12 hours a day and listen to a wide range of things (from very bassy music to classical)
I need something comfortable that can last a year or two without problems, I'm currently using an old pair of Sennheiser HD465 which have been pretty good allround use headphones with some bass - but the problem is that they are not very good when used for more than 2-3 hours a day, the cushioning gets very flat, sweaty and uncomfortable. I like having the flat kind of headphones that are right on the ears because you can hear everything clearly and the bass feels better that way though.
I've been looking at some sony headphones since they have been mentioned here a few times but I'm not sure which ones would be good for me, I don't want weak flat bass but I don't want bass that is so strong it makes everything sound muffled.

I'm not looking for full sets with bits and bobs, just headphones that I can use with everything like the ones I have now, with better or similar bass.
I live in Finland so please try to recommend something easily available worldwide under 80 euros. I can stretch my budget a bit if there is something that works well for movies/gaming too.

If I left out some needed information just tell me and I'll try to be more clear.

Sep 27, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #3 of 3
Get the Sennheiser PX 100-II. I live in a tropical country and I use the PX around campus and while commuting. Have them for around 10 months now and still no problems. And they ain't that expensive, too.

Comfort may not be up to par with plush cushions (say, XB500), but it's comfy, nonetheless; just right clamping force, soft pads and portable! Since they're open on-ears, they don't isolate, but they stay cool for hours of use!

Oh, and these are great all-rounders too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back