Looking for comfortable, bassy, clear on ear headphones
Aug 12, 2013 at 11:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

StingRay22

New Head-Fier
Hello, im looking for comfortable, bassy and clear headphones. Right now im thinking about beats mixr which is really tight,and sol republic tracks hd, which is not really tight, which one do i pick or have got any suggestions for me?

Aug 12, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #2 of 13
Budget?  The Audio Technica ATH-M50 ($160), Sony MDR-1R ($200), V-MODA M-100 ($300), or Sennheiser Monentum ($350) will be much better pick.

Aug 12, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #4 of 13
Quote:
Ok thanks man, and yeah do they look stylish to wear outdoor?

Hell yes, the M50 has 4 colors, including red; the 1R is black and red and so is the Momentum; the M-100 has mult-color options and custom shields.  Just check out my profile for my Black/Red with Red or Gold shields and White with Gold shields.

Aug 12, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #6 of 13
Whatever you do, don't get the beats MIXR.
I'm not a hater on beats at all, i got the beats pro detox myself. But the MIXR is reaaallyy bad, especially for bass. Just listen to the suggestions listed above.
Also, the beats studio is a nice bass headphone. It's overpriced though.

Aug 12, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #7 of 13
The Monster DNA headphones are pretty solid all around and are portable as well, folding up into a smaller package. They are priced at around $200 or less on Amazon and come in multiple color schemes.

Aug 13, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #11 of 13
^
I had the Sol's and i was satisfied with them until i got my hands on some M50's. You don't realize how bad they are until you compare them with a quality headphone. They had good bass, i admit, and a lot of it. But the mids were very recessed and the treble lacked the extension and sparkle. Overall sounded very congested compared to the M50's. I am currently using my $40 JVC HA S500 and they sound much better than the Sol's. 

My suggestions would be: 
Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii: They have very good bass with a nice aggressive tone to it which sounds excellent with electronic/rap,hip-hop/techno.

If you're looking for something less bassy:
Beyerydnamic DT1350
V-Moda M80

Aug 13, 2013 at 6:17 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:
^
I had the Sol's and i was satisfied with them until i got my hands on some M50's. You don't realize how bad they are until you compare them with a quality headphone. They had good bass, i admit, and a lot of it. But the mids were very recessed and the treble lacked the extension and sparkle. Overall sounded very congested compared to the M50's. I am currently using my $40 JVC HA S500 and they sound much better than the Sol's. 

My suggestions would be: 
Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii: They have very good bass with a nice aggressive tone to it which sounds excellent with electronic/rap,hip-hop/techno.

Beyerydnamic DT1350
V-Moda M80

Exactly, and a lot of people just doesn't know anything better until they have a chance to actually listen to something better.

Aug 14, 2013 at 3:54 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:
^

My suggestions would be: 

Beyerydnamic DT1350
V-Moda M80

They may sound Better but they lack in portability and aesthetics. I can workout in the SOL's but would look silly doing so in the M50's

Sennheissers lack Bass for me personally

Users who are viewing this thread

Back