Looking for cold and extreme detailed in ears
Jan 18, 2019 at 3:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

eternal-marc

New Head-Fier
Hey guys!

I would like to ask you for help.

Basically I am looking for in ears, that are extremely precise, detailed and everything is heard. I don't need soundstage, what I'm looking for is that every instrument has it's own place in the sound.

I hate (sorry) mainstream airy sound, and don't like Audeze, A&K players, Focal. One of the worst listening experiences I had was Kann with Utopia. Not my cup of tea.

Personally I use QP1R for player and my favorite in ears so far are Ultrasone's IQ PRO. But... Want something new.

I listen to 80s, but don't need bass in performance that much. Like Ultrasone's Pro 550i have the details, but the bass is too much.
All the details are in cyclone..

So looking for in ears, but if you have recommendations for over or on ears, go ahead and let me know.

Thanks with all my musical heart.

Aug 11, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #6 of 9
Man I stayed with IQ Pro and stopped using the comply foam. Exchanged it foe the oldschool plastic tips that comes with package. Question is, what player should I use now, as tired of QP1R.....
You are probably going to find it a bit hard to get what you want as the majority don’t want what you want and then 50% just want more bass. You have a great player in the QP1R as I have one myself andit would be hard to find one better at the price for me as you don’t care for A&K. I have a couple of other players from HiBy and Echobox and don’t think either would do what you want as said before you want something very specific that most others don’t want. Good luck.

Aug 11, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #7 of 9
You are probably going to find it a bit hard to get what you want as the majority don’t want what you want and then 50% just want more bass. You have a great player in the QP1R as I have one myself andit would be hard to find one better at the price for me as you don’t care for A&K. I have a couple of other players from HiBy and Echobox and don’t think either would do what you want as said before you want something very specific that most others don’t want. Good luck.
You're totally right! I mean Ultrasone edition 8 are so cold and detailed that it's so far impossible to beat them. Or even old discontinued Musical Fidelity on ears, those were really rough. When it comes to the player, maybe there is something but it will be a gap in the market, as community is asking for what u said....

Aug 11, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #9 of 9
And also it will be cool if the players will be more portable. If I can have a dream come true it will be small, and rough, and detailed. I wish Ultrasone would create their portable player.....
Probably not going to happen just saying but there is always EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back