looking for closed headphones
Mar 31, 2012 at 4:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

portia79

New Head-Fier
Hi there,

Could you recommend any closed headphones for up to $300. I connect them to a Tapco Mix100 mixer (connected to my computer with an Audiophile 2496 card.) That's the only place I'm going to use them so no need for portable ones. The problem is that I listen to all sorts of music, from heavy metal, through jazz to electro so it's really hard to be specific. At the moment I'm using cheap Sennheiser HD201 but the sound is rather poor.

Any recommendations?

Thank you 

portia

Mar 31, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #3 of 7

Quote:
Hi there,

Could you recommend any closed headphones for up to $300. I connect them to a Tapco Mix100 mixer (connected to my computer with an Audiophile 2496 card.) That's the only place I'm going to use them so no need for portable ones. The problem is that I listen to all sorts of music, from heavy metal, through jazz to electro so it's really hard to be specific. At the moment I'm using cheap Sennheiser HD201 but the sound is rather poor.

Any recommendations?

Thank you 

portia

This one. The Denon D2000.

Alternatives: Beyer DT770, AudioTechnica A900 or A900X, Brainwavz HM5 (or FischerAudio FA-003).

Very best,

Mar 31, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #4 of 7
Thanks a lot. It's hard to get them (D2000). Most places say it's out of stock. Have they been discontinued? I live in the UK and found only one site which has it in stock.

Mar 31, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #6 of 7
The D2000 has the perpetual problem of low supply and high demand, but when you can find them for a good price they're definitely worth it. They're a bit on the bassy side, though, so if you don't want that there's other options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back