Looking for closed-ear, under $100-US
Apr 19, 2002 at 10:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

nifu

New Head-Fier
Hey! I'm looking for a good pair of closed-ear cans that block out noise and that aren't too expensive. I'm gonna use them for school, computer, home and maybe walking use. I was looking at the MD-RD22SL "Eggos" but I was wondering if any of you had any other good suggestions so I could compare them. Links would be appreciated! Thanks!

Apr 19, 2002 at 10:29 PM Post #2 of 7
Hi nifu........I'm sure you'll get a variety of recommendations from others here, but I would suggest the Sony MDR-V6 at under $70. They are closed, built like a tank, and sound pretty damned good for the money. The accurate bass in particular is the strong point of these headphones. Hope this helps.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 19, 2002 at 10:49 PM Post #3 of 7
Thanks joelongwood! I really appreciate your help. I think I'm going to try and get a pair of those V6's! They look really good for me. I just have one question, where can I buy them from? I live in BC, Canada and I need a website that can ship them to me that's not too expensive. If anybody knows ANY sites I would appreciate it very much! Thank you!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 19, 2002 at 10:59 PM Post #4 of 7
Also try to look for information on previous posts of the Sennheiser HD280 Pro's, many people who have bought them have liked them...

They retail for $199 but buy.com has them for $77 right now! Check it out.

Apr 19, 2002 at 11:12 PM Post #5 of 7
thanks narcoleptic but buy.com only delivers orders of $500 or more for international orders
mad.gif

If any of you had the choice between Sony MDR-D22SL Eggos or Sony MDR-7506's, what would you choose?

Apr 20, 2002 at 7:44 AM Post #6 of 7
I got my 280s at the San Francisco Virgin Megastore for $99US. I checked Virgin's site and there's one in Vancouver (address linked). Is that close enough to you? Can't say what they'll cost there but it's worth a look. If you do go, tell us what the price is.

The 280 is highly recommended, most people put it above the V6 and some compare it very favorably to the much higher priced Beyerdynamic 250-80. Check some reviews: Eagle Driver's, blr's and delanda est Sony's.

(HBZ)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back