Looking for closed air headphones $250-300
May 4, 2009 at 6:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

MrTissues

Head-Fier
Hi, I'm looking for some closed air headphones for my brother. It is very important to him to have as much noise canceling as possible, which is why I think that open air style headphones are out. He also wants full headphones not IEMs so that's out too.

The music he likes a lot is: rock, country, and hip hop. Artists like Bruce Springsteen, his songs like Glory Days, Outlaw Pete, Waitin' On a Sunny Day, and Born to Run. He listens to a lot of country Country and songs like My Maria, Mud on the Tires, You Look Good in my Shirt, and Chicken Fried. I also like listening to hip hop songs like I Tried, Hot Revolver, I Love College, Flossin' and Superstar.

So based on his music and budget what would you guys recommend? I don't really know anything about closed air headphones because I only have ever really looked into open air headphones, it seems like closed air headphones are not posted about much here.

EDIT: It would be best if the headphones would not require an amp, too much trouble. He listens a lot on his computer but he also owns a 1G iPod Nano (but don't choose headphones to support that device, I know most stuff would need to be amp'd with a Nano)

May 4, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #3 of 5
Beyer DT770s and Denon AH-D2000s seem to be the most popular closed 'phones in your budget. Haven't heard either, myself though.

May 4, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #4 of 5
May 5, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #5 of 5
If he wants maximum isolation, I wouldn't suggest looking at the Denon AH-D2000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back