Looking for clarify, details IEM under 220$
May 20, 2018 at 12:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

tamio

New Head-Fier
I am looking for an IEM under 220$

My current iem is ATH-CKM99.
DAC/AMP: Ifi Idac2 + laptop/Samsung galaxy S9
Genre of music: almost jpop + instrumental, rock, classical. NO EDM, Jazz.

My feelings about CKM99: not clarify, details enough to hear all detail of instruments, bass's quantity is acceptable.
Example of some tracks:

Bass isn't clear, muddy

Treble is bright for many vocaloid tracks

My needs: fix above problems, clarify, details, neutral, isolation

Please help me choose the below ones or recommend new ones. Also, happy to hear your own review of them too.

Brand new:
- Campfire Comet (225$)
- ER4S (220$)
- ER3SR/XR (210$)
- Westone AM Pro 10 (198$)
- RHA T20 (198$)
- E1010 (187$)
- Fiio F9 pro (150$)

Besides brand new iem, I have some offers of 2nd:
- ATH Im04 (237$)
- Noble Savant (176$)
- Shure E500PTH (167$)
- Shure se315 (154$)
- ATH LS200IS (141$)
- Triple Fi 10 Pro (115$)
- ATH Im02 (110$)
-

Last edited:
May 20, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #3 of 7
I would personally consider the Savant to be pretty much a no-brainer at that price (assuming you can find a suitable cable). The ER4S is another good option. Lastly, the IT01 punches way above its price-point and could be a good option as well. It is better than most of what you have written down, IMO. The Comet is terrific but bass is not a strong suit, again, IMO. A few thoughts.

May 21, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #4 of 7
ER4S.

May 22, 2018 at 11:29 PM Post #5 of 7
I worry about comments like "too bright for the general", "bass lacks a good body" of ER4S, also I don't know if the deep-fit is suitable with me or not. My local store don't have ER4S to try.

May 22, 2018 at 11:45 PM Post #6 of 7
If fit worries you, then check out the FiiO F9:

https://penonaudio.com/fiio-f9.html

Or if you want a fully balanced portable setup, check out the Hifiman HM-700 with RE-400b earphones, and since they are known to short from a broken cable, take it easy on handling the earphones and DAP:

https://penonaudio.com/music-player...rphone.html?sort=p.price&order=DESC&limit=100

If you buy from Penon Audio, don’t forget to add their free 5-yr.-anniversary gift to you:

https://penonaudio.com/free-gift-for-5-years-anniversary.html

Last edited:
May 27, 2018 at 2:47 AM Post #7 of 7
Solved problem

:D I end up with Oriveti New Primacy - 200$ brand new unbox
Here is some of my impression:
- Instruments are separable, easy to keep track on
- Clarity, details is quite good (can't beat hd600 though)
- Bass & treble's texture is well defined.
- Bass is tight, full, more impact than my ath-ckm99
- Treble is so so, not bright, harsh so I guess I can listen to it in long hours without feeling tired
- Isolation when using with two-flange tips is great that I can hear my own heartbeat
- Many eartips to choose XS, S, M, L Silicone Tips - 2pair per size, M form tips - 2pairs, Double Flange Tips - 2pairs

Cons:
- The soundstage of ONP, especially in width term is smaller than hd600, make 3d imagining, binaural recording quite not satisfied
- Aluminium case, flight adapter, 6.5mm plug is suck
- Have ground noise when using with laptop. I am trying to find a way to fix it, maybe ifi iematch...

=============================================
Other iems I tried is:
- Fiio F9 Pro - treble is so bright that I remove it from my considering list in 10s
- Acoustune HS1551 CU (612$) - Just listen in short time so I hard to describe it correctly but it's kind of love at first sight. I will consider to buy it in next time

Feel free to ask questions about ONP guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back