Looking for cheapish PC audio card with 24 bit S/PDIF over coax out, ASIO/KS support
Oct 21, 2008 at 11:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mackman

New Head-Fier
I'm still working out the kinks in my PC setup with the HR Ultra Micro DAC. I was a little disappointed I couldn't do 24 bit audio over USB, and although most of my source material is 16 bit, I've grown to like Replay Gain which is chopping off the lowest bits of a lot source material. So now I'm considering getting a PC sound card that supports 24 bit digital coax out. Any suggestions? I'd like something that comes with its own ASIO driver (currently using ASIO4ALL over USB) or at least something that works with KS on XP (KS over USB fails on my motherboard). It's for my work PC so I don't use it for gaming, and if the sound card is cheap enough IT will pay for it. Anything spring to mind?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Oct 22, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #2 of 2
http://www.ncixus.com/products/23249...eative%20Labs/

[size=x-small]Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Gamer 24BIT Sound Card 7.1 PCI Retail Box [/size]

[size=medium]$80.21[/size] [size=xx-small]USD

[/size]ASIO 2.0 support at 16-bit/44.1kHz, 16-bit/48kHz, 24-bit/44.1kHz 24-bit/48kHz and 24-bit/96kHz with direct monitoring

HT Omega Striker 7.1 Channel PCI Sound Card 24BIT DTS Dolby Digital Live S/PDIF IN/OUT Coaxial

Price: [size=x-small]$66.61[/size] [size=xx-small]USD[/size] if it comes with Asio driver, you will have to look into that because I don't know myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back