Looking for cheap gym IEMs (<30$)
Jul 22, 2014 at 4:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Alpina

Head-Fier
I am looking for a cheap IEMs for a gym. Now by cheap I mean from 5$ to 30$, and it's important that IEMs are sold in the Europe

Most important factor - cable strength, I want it to last as long as possible, because my recent 3 pairs of Vsonic all broke near cable jack within several weeks in the gym. Then follows sound quality obviously. Any IEMs which specialize in very strong cable?

Currently looking at JVC HAFX40B, good review in Joker's thread, available in Europe, but little bit pricey with 30 euros.

Jul 25, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #4 of 11
Did you do a search yet? I believe this question is asked weekly. Did you post your question on the recommendations thread bolded in red?

I use apple earpods and they work well for me.

Jul 25, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #8 of 11
  Radiopaq Jazz.  stupid cheap for really rather good audio.

Will check them out!
  the ue200 are looking pretty strong to me.The sound is pretty acceptable and has a warm character.

And this one has controls on the cable, so that's great, I don't need to take my player from pocket each time :) Btw, is it most likely that cable controller going to work with my Cowon i9 player?

Jul 25, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #9 of 11

Will check them out!
And this one has controls on the cable, so that's great, I don't need to take my player from pocket each time :) Btw, is it most likely that cable controller going to work with my Cowon i9 player?

Can't say anything about the controls, because my model doesn't have them. ( only the vi version have the controls)
Note that more electronic means the possibility is higher that something breaks.

Jul 25, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #11 of 11
  Okay, but vi version is literally the same sound wise? I think I am going to take this one.

They should have the same sound. Note this IEM excels with great comfort and isolation, but the sound isn't that detailed and it is quite warm and neutral.
Nevertheless for its price this IEM is quite good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back