looking for cheap closed cans
Mar 31, 2003 at 9:01 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by JiPi
I wouldn't think that's in his budget
wink.gif

ask your parents....work a few extra hours...beg on the street.."Hey mister, can you spare $50,000 for a Mercedes? (Don't ever start off cheap! Ask for the best!)

Mar 31, 2003 at 9:46 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by johnny sack
If anyone can recommend a cheap (ie well below $30) set of closed headphones i would greatly appreciate it

I feel that the Philips HP170s at $20 are shockingly good! You can get them at Target or over the internet. They're closed and lightweight and very comfortable and fit around your ears. I did a little review of them some time ago if you want to do a search for it. I feel that they compete with anything under $100 for pure musical enjoyment, though obviously you are not going to get a razor-flat frequency response at this kind of price.

Honest, I have some really nice phones, and yet I find myself listening to my HP170s quite often. They are among my very favorite headphones. They're the real deal -- a good, cheap, comfortable closed headphone.
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: I like them MUCH better than the Sony MDR-CD180s (which are also closed, also cost $20, and which I also have).

Apr 1, 2003 at 12:41 AM Post #19 of 22
I think i 'll tell him to look at those philips headphones
i have more questions but i will start a new thread to ask

Apr 1, 2003 at 1:23 AM Post #20 of 22
LOL -- I thought I finally had someone interested in the lowly Philips HP170s.
smily_headphones1.gif
Dish 'em off on your roommate.... he'll get the last laugh, IMHO.
eek.gif

Well, FWIW, I do love the Philips HP170s. I wish I could share the experience with someone. I find them more musical than either the Sony V6s or the Senn HD280s.
cool.gif

Edit: Oh yeah, and they make the D66 eggo bass sound positively wimpy and the eggo mids sound as cold as ice.

Time for this thread to sink like a rock.
rolleyes.gif

Back to mainstream head-fi.
tongue.gif

Apr 1, 2003 at 11:32 PM Post #21 of 22
Sennheiser HD202s aren't too bad, and they go for $30.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back