looking for car stereo with front USB/SD
Aug 18, 2009 at 2:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Cpl Ledanek

New Head-Fier
Sorry for posting in wrong area, but I've used the search/advance search/tags and cannot find a thread about front USB mounted car stereo.

That can play from USB flash drive or even a SD slot.

Doesn't have to be super great, just everyday driving for my 2001 Corolla, everything still is factory...so no high end speakers/kickers...

just trying not to burn CDs anymore...
biggrin.gif

advance thanks

Aug 18, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #2 of 4
Pioneer has a great line of decks that support USB. I have owned two Pioneer decks in two cars and will be installing yet another in my newest car soon. I have found that you can snatch up last years models for a super cheap price this time of year as well.

I use a 32gb Patriot flash drive with the deck and it plays tons of music as well as any cd player will. Also, navigation of files is simple and quick, just be sure they are tagged well and you are good to go.

link: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...section=models

Filter search by "USB Input"

Aug 18, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by S Smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pioneer has a great line of decks that support USB. I have owned two Pioneer decks in two cars and will be installing yet another in my newest car soon. I have found that you can snatch up last years models for a super cheap price this time of year as well.

I use a 32gb Patriot flash drive with the deck and it plays tons of music as well as any cd player will. Also, navigation of files is simple and quick, just be sure they are tagged well and you are good to go.

link: Pioneer USA - CD Receivers

Filter search by "USB Input"

thank you sir, I plan to do the same, just play off the flash drive.
which model you recommend sir?

Aug 18, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #4 of 4
The DEH-P710BT is quite nice, but again, if you are looking to save some money, I would shoot for last years models. The audible differences are nil and the money you will save makes the older models well worth the price.

If you don't plan on upgrading or amping your indoor speakers, just about any of the USB Input decks will do the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back