Looking for canal or in-ear phones upto $120
Jun 25, 2006 at 9:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

kojebee

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade my listening devices, with a budget of a upto around the $120 mark, maybe a bit higher for the right phones.

I lost my Etymotic ER6, so I am looking for a replacement. I liked my Etymotics.... but I found them a struggle to get a good fit (time consuming), which was a little annoying when using them for short periods of time.
Also, I felt the bass wanting.

I have a Creative Zen 20GB MP3 player, and I'll be receiving a PA2V2 within the next few days.

I listen to electronica, ambient, house / dance music, and rock (Pink Floyd, progressive....), so I'd like to fully appreciate these styles of music. I like a bit of bass, but not too overpowering. I want to hear a good range of sounds.

Which in-ear earphones or canalphones do you recommend within my price range?

Jun 25, 2006 at 12:16 PM Post #2 of 6
It seems like buying another Etymotic isn't right for you since for the music you listen to you want a bit more bass overall and the flange tips are inconvenient for you.
Maybe you should try the Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 or Shure E3 (I believe you can get them for $119 or something around there.)

Jun 25, 2006 at 2:37 PM Post #4 of 6
look around for used E4c, ER-4P, maybe super.fi 5pro.

Jun 25, 2006 at 2:41 PM Post #5 of 6
Actually the Etymotic ER6i with the foamies and the PAV2 has a lot more bass than the ER6i w/ the tri-flange and no amp. The PAV2 is very punchy and the foamies seal much better bringing out the bass in the ER6i.

Also go to Radio Shack and the the Koss KSC-75, even at their regular price of $20 they are a bargain.
biggrin.gif

Aug 8, 2006 at 12:28 PM Post #6 of 6
Considering my budget, I managed to get the AKG K81DJ, Creative EP630 and the Koss KSC75 phones.

Very pleased, as they will surely cover my home, work and subway traveling needs......................... until an upgrade in the future
wink.gif

I've been using the AKG K81DJ model for about two weeks now, and they are seriously growing on me. I took the foam inserts out, and I am using them with the Creative Zen and the PA2V2....... nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back