Looking for cable advice
Feb 1, 2024 at 12:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

MrFatPants

New Head-Fier
So, new guy here, I'm in the process of setting up a 'wireless' iem setup for working out and for connecting to my meta quest 2.

I've orderd some campfire audio vega 2020's from drop and a qudelix 5k.

So now I'm trying to get a short cable so it can plug into the quest or the qudelix 5k while clipped to my t-shirt neck collar.

I've stumbled onto suggestions for XINHS AliExpress store for custom cable lengths. But am not sure which cables outside of mmcx and 3.5mm.

They have '8 core' for $25

Then they got some 'awg 23 4 core' for $90

I know the end piece fittings I need but beyond that it's all mumbo jumbo to me.

Can someone help me make sense of this so I can decide what will work best for my needs?

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2024 at 3:33 AM Post #2 of 2
So, new guy here, I'm in the process of setting up a 'wireless' iem setup for working out and for connecting to my meta quest 2.

I've orderd some campfire audio vega 2020's from drop and a qudelix 5k.

So now I'm trying to get a short cable so it can plug into the quest or the qudelix 5k while clipped to my t-shirt neck collar.

I've stumbled onto suggestions for XINHS AliExpress store for custom cable lengths. But am not sure which cables outside of mmcx and 3.5mm.

They have '8 core' for $25

Then they got some 'awg 23 4 core' for $90

I know the end piece fittings I need but beyond that it's all mumbo jumbo to me.

Can someone help me make sense of this so I can decide what will work best for my needs?
There is no substantial difference in the principle function of these cables. They'll vary in fractions of ohms depending on construction and metal choice, but nothing significant. Get a cable with the feature set you need and you're good to go.

If you want to make a fashion statement or like looking at fancy cables, you can pay more for boutique cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back