Looking for Bluetooth MMCX suggestions
Apr 17, 2020 at 3:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

dh0licious

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I've spent a lot of time reading reviews about good IEM Bluetooth solutions. I don't want the Fiio BTR3/5 or ES100 because I don't want an extra device to carry around and would really just like to get of a cord from my IEM's down to my pocket.

As such I'm looking for a good Bluetooth MMCX cable. I've looked at the KZ AptX HD cable and the reviews aren't amazing. I've spent hours on Aliexpress looking at other options and below are what I've narrowed down based on features and reviews.

This thread could eventually serve as a resource for anyone else looking for quality Bluetooth cable solutions.

Do let me know if you have any experience with any of these and/or recommendations?

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2020 at 5:07 AM Post #2 of 11
Bump

Apr 19, 2020 at 6:01 AM Post #3 of 11
Bump

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2020 at 1:00 AM Post #4 of 11
Bump

Apr 21, 2020 at 9:48 PM Post #5 of 11
I had the 2nd gen kz aptx ones and wasn't too impressed. Had connectivity problems, probably poor bt antenna design which most kz stuff seems to suffer from.

I also had the TRN BT10 which was way better but the neck area was weird.

TRN also has the newer BT3S, which I haven't tried but maybe a good option.

I'd probably avoid anything not Bluetooth 5.0.

Apr 22, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #6 of 11
I had the 2nd gen kz aptx ones and wasn't too impressed. Had connectivity problems, probably poor bt antenna design which most kz stuff seems to suffer from.

I also had the TRN BT10 which was way better but the neck area was weird.

TRN also has the newer BT3S, which I haven't tried but maybe a good option.

I'd probably avoid anything not Bluetooth 5.0.

Thanks. The Kz AptX Hd has just arrived. Cable is so long, not happy, but no connectivity issues so far.

The search continues...

Apr 22, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #7 of 11
I have a Shure BT-2 that I use with the iBasso IT01 and it gets louder than I care to listen at and the sound quality is quite good but the IT01’s do lose a bit of bass over wire connection but otherwise pretty good.

May 11, 2020 at 11:30 PM Post #9 of 11
I am also using the above mentioned https://www.amazon.com/MEE-audio-Bluetooth-Resistance-Microphone/dp/B07NDN1NGZ
I love them for mowing the lawn or short dog walks. It is not going to make any reference lists but the fact that I can choose my IEMS for BT is enough for me. As mentioned there are 3 eq settings and they are very different from each other so that is a plus. For those situations I am not looking for anymore.

May 23, 2020 at 3:01 AM Post #11 of 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back