Looking for bluetooth headphones with sound similar to 1More Pistons (or Triple Drivers)
Mar 12, 2018 at 9:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

m0nkeybl1tz

Head-Fier
Hey all, I recently discovered the 1More Pistons and love love love them. I loved them so much I decided to upgrade to the Triple Drivers which I really like as well (though to be honest I don't know if they're worth the price increase). However I just bought a new iPhone and really hate using the headphone adapter so I'm looking to buy a pair of Bluetooth headphones.

I'd mostly be using them to commute, so sound isolation is pretty important. I also might use them at the gym a bit, so I'd prefer something that's not too bulky. But what I'm really looking for is something that sounds like the Pistons. If you haven't used them, here are some phrases from other reviews:
  • Beautifully articulated, fun and lively sound, punchy bass that doesn't kill the mids
  • The sound is V-shaped, with the mids taking a backseat compared to the bass and treble, but it is still mostly present
  • The low end is quite prominent and rather dominant over the rest of the frequencies, and (fortunately) while it may not be considered as a heavy-bassy earphone, it should be enough for the bass listeners. Despite the strong nature, both sub and mid-bass are very detailed and well controlled, with a noticeable added mid-bass hump for some extra 'fun' factor.
    Similarly, the top end is very present without any annoying peaks, and rather linear on its whole, but not overly smoothed or even rolled-off. While the treble won't have the same authority as the bass, it won't lack in sparkle and crispiness.
    As for the midrange, here's where I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, the mids are really well detailed and airy, and pretty much clean from unnecessarily extra bass bleed. Separation is also quite amazing both in the instruments and vocal dept. In fact, the vocal separation is really surprising, not only for a V-shaped $20-30 phone, but even beats mid-centered IEMs when it to comes to separation.
  • In terms of soundstage the Pistons present a very wide stereo image with very good depth and decent height. This particular presentation is why the mids and highs shine - There is detail and space surrounding instruments throughout the midrange and airy highs throughout the treble resulting in a somewhat “out-of-the-head” experience. And while not the deepest presentation, layering is excellent when reproducing vast distances between sounds with complex recordings.
Anyone have any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back