Looking for Bluetooth headphones that can give me a good amount of bass
Jun 30, 2015 at 6:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Semus

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

For a few years now, I've been using the Bose on-ear headphones (http://www.amazon.com/Bose-On-Ear-Headphones-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B002LK2QJK?)

These have been discontinued, but that's OK because mine still work perfectly.

I'm always working downstairs in my shop, and these things really cancel out a decent amount of sound. So much so, that I really can't work without them. Recently, I purchased a Bluetooth adapter to use with these headphones, but every adapter that I've tried cuts out all the time and never works as advertised (tried 4 different versions so far). I don't know if that's just bad luck, or the products themselves are defective.

So, I'm now going to bite the bullet and purchase a set of Bluetooth wireless headphones. In fact, I've already purchased the Bose Soundlink on-ear headphones, and got them today. They actually sound quite good... wired. When I disconnect the wire, and use them as as wireless, the sound is almost the same, but the bass isn't there. It's just not what I'm looking for.

I'm a bass guy. I love bass. I love sound, too, but I really need that bass to pop to really enjoy my music. I don't want it to be overbearing, but it has to be a good amount of it.

Wired, these Soundlink on-ear's sound really good; almost identical to the older version of on-ear headphones. Once I start using them as wireless, it's just not doing it for me. It's almost as if they decided to save on battery power by reducing the bass (probably has nothing to do with it at all - just a guess).

So, I'm now on the lookout for a pair of Bluetooth headphones that can give me the bass I'm looking for. Does anyone have any experience with the Beat's 2 solo wireless? There was a comparison done on CNET, but it didn't mention much about how the bass compares when wired vs. wireless.

Are there any other Bluetooth headphones out there that can give me some good bass while using Bluetooth? The Bose was almost there, but not quite...

Any suggestions? Price range $0 - $300

Jul 1, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #2 of 5
I don't have experience with bluetooth headphones. Perhaps this Head-Fi thread would help: http://www.head-fi.org/t/746519/huge-comparison-of-almost-all-the-best-bluetooth-headphones-post-your-own-comparisons-here :)

Jul 1, 2015 at 2:28 AM Post #3 of 5
I have the beats solo 2 wireless that i won from a raffle at work, was gonna sell them but then i listened to them and am keeping them. Bass is plentiful and a tad more v shaped than the wired version which i also have but i think it sounds awesome. How much are they like $300 i dunno. Thats not bad

Jul 1, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #5 of 5
I've had these on my wishlist on amazon for a bit. Could give these a try?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S8K7ER6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3DVZC7F4W0WUO&coliid=I1FCQXZKSVLDFN&psc=1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back