Looking for Bluetooth Basshead headphones
Jan 28, 2017 at 11:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Rezound Sound

100+ Head-Fier
To give a frame of reference, I have a pair of Beats Solo 2's and Sennheiser HD598's. I like the way the Sennheisers sound, but I'm looking for something closed back and bass heavy. Preferably supra-aural because I'm going to be using them to work out with.

Edit: I'm trying to stay under $200 if possible

Jan 29, 2017 at 1:06 AM Post #2 of 5
  To give a frame of reference, I have a pair of Beats Solo 2's and Sennheiser HD598's. I like the way the Sennheisers sound, but I'm looking for something closed back and bass heavy. Preferably supra-aural because I'm going to be using them to work out with.

Edit: I'm trying to stay under $200 if possible

You can often find the Beats Solo 2 Wireless for right at $200 or even less, and that would seem to be the closest match to your preferences since you're already familiar with their sound.

Another alternative currently only on $100 on Amazon, the Sony MDR-XB650BT.  They're the on-ear little brother to the over-ear XB950BT which I've had before and I know the XB950BT are definitely bass heavy as I had those for a short time.  

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDRXB650BT-Extra-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B01BY7ZMXC/

I've seen them at Best Buy and they sometimes have them out to demo.

Jan 29, 2017 at 1:16 AM Post #3 of 5

You can often find the Beats Solo 2 Wireless for right at $200 or even less, and that would seem to be the closest match to your preferences since you're already familiar with their sound.

Another alternative currently only on $100 on Amazon, the Sony MDR-XB650BT.  They're the on-ear little brother to the over-ear XB950BT which I've had before and I know the XB950BT are definitely bass heavy as I had those for a short time.  

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDRXB650BT-Extra-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B01BY7ZMXC/

I've seen them at Best Buy and they sometimes have them out to demo.

Thanks for responding; I already have the Solo2 Wireless haha. They don't have enough bass for me, in fact, they have a similar amount of bass to my HD598's. I am going to look into those Sony's though!

Jan 29, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #4 of 5
Ah ok, so I thought you meant you had the wired Beats Solo 2. :)

I have the Solo 2 Wireless, and the XB950BT are definitely bassier, and so I would suspect the on-ear XB650BT 'phones are, too.

Jan 29, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #5 of 5
My local Best Buy had the 950's on display but I could only listen to the demo tracks, unfortunately they didn't have the 650's so I could compare the two. I like the bass on the 950's and they're really comfortable; but I'm not sure how accurate of a listening session it was

Users who are viewing this thread

Back