Looking for best option for dac/dac+amp to conect to Pc
Mar 11, 2012 at 9:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ferrarious

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I have a HD598 headphones and I am looking to buy a dac or dac+amp ( in one or separate ).

They will be connected to my Pc. I can connect them to USB or spdf connection.

The main use is watching dvd movies and listening to pop, dance and electronic melodic music in plac or 320 kbps rip .

The budget is under 500$ but I really want to get the best results for my headphones and purpose so no need to spend it all if it isn't necessary.

Mar 12, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #2 of 7

Quote:
I have a HD598 headphones and I am looking to buy a DAC or DAC+amp ( in one or separate ).
They will be connected to my PC. I can connect them to USB or S/PDIF connection.
The main use is watching DVD movies and listening to pop, dance and electronic melodic music in flac or 320 kbps rip .
The budget is under 500$ but I really want to get the best results for my headphones and purpose so no need to spend it all if it isn't necessary.

Well, if your willing to get a sound card, the Asus Xonar Essence STX PCI-Express sound card will work nice.
For an external, the Astro Mix-amp.

Mar 12, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #5 of 7
Yamaha RX-A700 stereo receiver, $325, has surround sound (Silent Cinema) for headphones, digital optical connection to your PC.
Something you can expand on with speakers in the future, 3 year warranty.

Mar 12, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #7 of 7
The Centrance Dacport is good, if you want something very very portable. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back