Looking for Best Headphones Under $100, I Already Have a Powerful Amp That Can Drive Pretty Much Anything
Jan 18, 2014 at 4:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

hdshatter

New Head-Fier
I am looking for a pair of cans for under $100 that are good for gaming, watching TV and that can

Past headphones so you can get an idea of my preferences
Vmoda Crossfade LP - horrible, returned a couple days after recieving
AKG Q701 - Okay, not enough enough bass.
Ultrasone Pro 900 - Horrible, Waste of money, highs/metallica sound metallic, has convinced me to never spend $300+ on headphones again, bass was the only good aspect, had to go in for warranty repair 4 times.

Audio sources -
Computer - MSI Mpower Max integrated audio
                       From MSI's site:
Reward your ears with true quality. Get ready for ear-drum shattering sound, with MSI Audio Boost! With Audio Boost we're delivering the highest audio quality so you can enjoy crystal clear sound and music in games.

Because the complete audio circuitry is isolated from other features, you'll enjoy less interference and more stability.

The built-in headphone amplifier allows you to use studio-grade headgear and get the most amazing sound quality out of your gaming PC.
  1. Studio level integrated 600Ω headphone amplifier
  2. Golden audio jacks for pure audio signals
  3. EMI shielded audio codec
  4. High quality audio capacitors
  5. Illuminated audio PCB separation
  6. ALC 1150 chip
This drove my past headphones very well.

3DS XL - I can get something like a $50 Fiio amp if it needs it.
HK 3490 receiver - PC can be hooked up to this through optical so it becomes the DAC/amp. I use this to to get audio from my Panasonic Viera P50S60 and my streaming box.
Currently looking into:
Creative Aurvana Live - I heard this headphone was a great performer with no weaknesses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back