Looking for best 2.0/2.1 system under $1000
Dec 15, 2008 at 3:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

keith33

New Head-Fier
I'm a brand new member to Head-Fi and I'm definitely new to this so a little help and enlightenment would be greatly appreciated. I currently have HK Soundsticks II and I'm not really happy with their volume and low frequency output so I want to up the budget a little bit.

I'd rather not deal with a receiver right now and would like to get some 2.0 or 2.1 speakers that I can connect directly to my desktop (with X-Fi) and PS3 (I sometimes connect my unibody MBP but its not that often). I listen to a lot of electronic and ambient sorts of music but I want it to be accurate (not bass happy like the Logitech speakers I've had in the past). Anyways, help would be great, I've been looking at the following:

Blue Sky EXO 2.1
Bang & Olufsen BeoLab 4 PC
Audioengine A5
M-Audio BX5a Deluxe
Harman Kardon GLA-55

Aesthetics and looks do hold a little weighting for me but not too much. Again, I'm new to this and I've never really bought decent speakers, so I'm open to anything, thanks! I should mention that I use Shure SE530s on the road and I love the sound and balance of them, obviously my speakers are no where near this.

Dec 15, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #3 of 4
Recently I saw an eBay posting advertising the Swan T200B for $350 after shipping. For this price I can be pretty sure they're the best powered speakers you can get.

Dec 16, 2008 at 12:22 AM Post #4 of 4
I've read great things about the M-Audio BX5a and BX8a, but if you're not looking to spend that much money the general consent here for the best bang-for-buck powered 2.0 setup is the Audioengine A5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back