Looking for basshead iems for rap, hip hop and techno.
May 2, 2017 at 12:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Adel

Head-Fier
Hello audio enthusiasts. I am looking for a basshead iem for rap, hip hop and techno music. I really like deep bass and have checked out the sony mdr-xb90ex which is popular here. Is the sonys my best bid or are there other you guys recommend within the same budget? -thanks in advance Adel

May 3, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #4 of 9
The problem, if you want to call it that, is that the XB90 were only $80 this time last year. They have since gone out of production and sellers are selling them at the highest price that they can command on eBay. Totally not worth double retail for them, and they need amping/eqing. I reckon you'd be disappointed. They can be sibilant.
Look at lendmeurears.com and their Alpha Delta 1 model, rated very highly by bassheads and around $100+shipping.

May 3, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #5 of 9
The problem, if you want to call it that, is that the XB90 were only $80 this time last year. They have since gone out of production and sellers are selling them at the highest price that they can command on eBay. Totally not worth double retail for them, and they need amping/eqing. I reckon you'd be disappointed. They can be sibilant.
Look at lendmeurears.com and their Alpha Delta 1 model, rated very highly by bassheads and around $100+shipping.

Thanks i will look into them. I forgot to say that i will use the iems with my iphone 6 and have no plans using an amp. Other suggestions? i have been searching for many hours for like 2 days and it is very difficult to choose one because there are so many options.

May 3, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #6 of 9
You should look into the 1More Triple Driver. It may not be an official basshead IEM, but it is nicely bass emphasized, IMO. Very good sounding overall and a tremendous value at its price. You might read about it and see what you think.

May 9, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #8 of 9
Thanks i will check them out
Since you are a basshead, I'm sorry to say the 1more triple driver is gonna disappoint you. Despite it's detailed sound, the lack of bass on that iem is gonna triggers you to the extend that you could feel your blood boiling. I tried both the TD and quad driver... the quad driver however has better bass response, which sounds punchier and tighter.. but still not powerful in away. Having say that, other music sounds really great on both the 1mores. Incredible sound

May 9, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #9 of 9
Well when someone says your blood would boil from lack of bass that has to be a little suspect to say the least. I find the bass very good with decent punch. I own the Triple Drivers and a few weeks ago at CanJam heard the Quad Drivers and thought the bass on the Triples were on par with Quads. The detail and upper frequency extension was much better on the Quads but don't think the bass had changed that much. Still would not say they are basshead earphones but still not lacking in that department. A lot of my listening is EDM and they work for me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back