Looking for bass heavy headphones.
Dec 28, 2013 at 2:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Gardenzio

New Head-Fier
Hi, i've been looking into getting a new set of cans. Im not really an audiophile, just someone who loves music and needs a good pair of fun, bass heavy headphones. I've looked into Skullcandy crushers, Vmoda M-100 and LP2 plus the Beyerdynamic custom one pros! If anyones got any preferences of these headphones plus if anyone can give me suggestions of better headphones that would be helpful! Im willing to spend up to $350! Also id rather they where full-size, over-ear headphones!

Dec 28, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #2 of 11
That's a HUGE range in price that you're looking at.

I would honestly forget the skullcrusher and LP2 altogether. In its place i think vmoda m80 or SOL Republic Master Tracks are a bit of a better choice. Not as bassy as the LP2, but overall better sounding. I personally Prefer the Master Tracks over M80 as well but theyre still a viable option to me.

The M100 are a pretty decent pair of headphones and are probably one of the best basshead headphones that's at a higher price range. Theyre a solid pick.

I personally find the custom on pros a little uncomfortable (mainly due to clamping force with my glasses) and the sound fairly ok, but really only ok. Some people have good impressions of it though, so its worth a consideration.

Hope that gives you some ideas!

Dec 28, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #4 of 11
  Denon AH-D2000 would be a good choice if portability is not a concern.

I made the assumption that its portable (since most that he mentioned are)

i would only recommend the AH-D2000 if you can get them at a reasonable price, people are jacking up the prices of those quite a bit.

Dec 28, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #5 of 11
I hadn't really looked into the sol range! Just had a look and are the XC's worth the extra money? Also I discarded the v80/m80 due to the on ear design! They do have to be portable. Will be using them around the house a lot but also travelling back and forth from work and uni. I really liked the sound of the custom one pros but I wear glasses too and clamping and comfort are the issue I have with the set of cans I use just now. Thanks for the suggestions!

Dec 28, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #6 of 11
I never thought to even consider the Sol Republic line but boy was i surprised by the master tracks. Those are the only ones i would really consider worthy from SOL Republic as its other headphones are still fairly unimpressive. I've never heard the XC edition of the Master Tracks but i personally thought the balance was quite nice for a portable headphone. If you can try both, that's optimal, but i dont expect a huge different between the Master Tracks and the Master Tracks XC.

Jan 1, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #8 of 11
Ive tried marshall's on ears a while back, and they were far from impressing me. Idk how their lineup has improved since their on ear headphones though.

Jan 6, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #11 of 11
Theyre not really that portable in my opinion, pretty uncomfortable, and decent sounding for the price.

They use to be THE headphone to recommend, but the increase in popularity of the headphone industry have brought more options and the ath m50 doesnt shine as much as it did before to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back