looking for "bass" headphones under $200
Jul 8, 2014 at 1:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

nyoki44

New Head-Fier
hey men and women(there are some women right?) of head-fi. I am currently looking to get my 1st pair of decent headphones. I will have $200 to spend and the less the better. I'm looking to get a pair of headphones that are good for "bass" and other things. Now you may be asking yourself "hmmmm why did he put quotes around the word bass." And my answer to that is that I'm not looking for headphones that have amazing, awesome, mind shattering bass, no I'm looking for headphones that are good with the electric instrument bass in music. Ive realized with in that past have year to a year that a lot of the rock, hard rock, metal, etc that i listen to have the bass as more that just a background instrument and is more prominent. The headphones i have now do a decent job at bringing out the "bass" but i know for more money i could have a better "bass" experience. 

to also note, "bass" prominent music isn't all i listen to. the genera's of music i listen to the most are hardstyle, dnb, metal, hard rock, progressive rock, screamo, rnb, slow rap, lounge, and some others that are escaping me at the moment. On top of listening to music, i also uses my headphones for playing games, 85% league of legends with the other 15% being spread across many different types of games, making it not a big factor for me. I also dabble in game commentary every once in a while so that's some what important. 

to give you guys some background on the set up I'm using now I'm using:
-razer electra headphones 
-some cheap sony iem's i cant remember the name of
-realtek ALC 892 onboard sound 
-creative A220 2.1 speaker system
-moto x

After watching/reading a lot of reviews and looking around this site i have came up with a few ideas but I'm totally open to suggestion
because there easily could be things that Ive missed. The headphones Ive come up with include: beyerdynamic dt770 pro 32, sennheiser hd598, shure srh750dj, v-moda crossfade lp, Pioneer HDJ-1500, and sony mdr1r. Open vs closed doesn't matter to me, ill be in my room all alone and for when I'm gaming i have my blue snowball so so leak isn't a concern.

If i have any money left over after choosing my headphones, i plan on getting a asus dg soundcard to give a little boots to what ever headphones i get. 

Thanks for any bit of help you guys can give me and sorry if this post is a bit jumbles as it is my 1st. if you guys(or gals) need anything else from me like specific songs i listen to feel free to ask and i will willingly fulfill said request to the best of my abilities. Thanks again and have a wonderful rest of your day
beyersmile.png

Jul 8, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #3 of 3
Hi, you should consider SoundMagic HP100

You can read about them here:
http://noblehifi.blogspot.com.ar/2012/10/soundmagic-hp100-review.html

Best Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back