Looking for aptx capable "Behind the head" Bluetooth Headphones, help!
Jul 20, 2014 at 1:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

schizo

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone, so as the title says, i'm looking for a Bluetooth headset that has aptX capabilities with a certain style of headband. The following amazon link is pretty much exactly what i'm looking for, except obviously I want it to be aptX capable.

http://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTH240-Bluetooth-Stereo-Headphone/dp/B00AWIPITS/ref=sr_1_8?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1405827905&sr=1-8

So the reason why I need that style of headband is because I'm getting the bluetooth set for when I'm working, and during the course of the day I'm constantly bending over 90+ degrees with relative speed, and so I want to pretty much to not even have the slightest worry that they'll slide off from the momentum change or have to readjust the headset every single time I bend over as my hands are usually grimy/greasy/etc. I can't use earbud models primarily because I want these to be used pretty much every work day for 8+ hours straight and the vibrations of earbuds directly in contact with my ear causes aching after a couple days. IEMs aren't what i'm looking for either because I need to be able to hear a little bit of what is going on around me. A side reason for not wanting either earbud or IEM in the around the neck connected with wires model is that I relatively often need to wipe my forehead/face with my shoulder and i've found when wearing earbuds (the wired kind) that they'll pop out 90% of the time I do that, and with dirty/greasy/etc fingers it is a pain in the butt to have to touch the buds frequently to put them back in.

I've done google and amazon searches, but getting conflicting information, like some models in the amazon search for aptx bluetooth don't list aptx anywhere in their descriptions, with some only listing the capability on their manufacturer's product page and others not. On top of that some searches don't include all models as some are categorized as cell phone accessories and others under electronics etc etc. So I was hoping someone here would happen to know of any models to suggest, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back