Looking for another pair of Sennheiser 580's - Ebay safe?
May 18, 2004 at 5:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

vinjeman

100+ Head-Fier
Looks like some 580's are available from some sellers on e-bay. Are there any people with experience buying from some of these people (just do a search on "Sennheiser 580").
Some of the prices look too good to be true.

I love the pair I've been using for the past couple years and want a second while they can still be had...

thanks!
jv
smily_headphones1.gif

May 18, 2004 at 5:38 AM Post #3 of 9
also try jandr and b&hphotovideo. both have the 580 at reduced prices and are very reputable. jandr had free shipping a few days ago - may still be available.

May 18, 2004 at 12:42 PM Post #5 of 9
I bought mine on eBay. No problems. Just read the description of the item carefully and check the feedback of the seller. And check the shipping fee.

May 19, 2004 at 4:15 AM Post #6 of 9
I appreciate the quick comments from you guys. I will keep looking for my 2nd set of HD580's. If anyone runs across any good deals please let me know!
eggosmile.gif

May 19, 2004 at 4:31 PM Post #7 of 9
J&R music has them for $160 shipped. Not the absolute best deal in the world but they are VERY reputable and have always provided me with great service.

May 19, 2004 at 4:43 PM Post #8 of 9
Even if the feedback is good and they are a power seller, ask the seller if they have the headphoens before buying. I bought from a German power seller, and he even accepted my bank transfer, then 5 days later he informs me he doesn't have the headphones, and would I like a substitute or a refund? Heheh, the ole bait and switch maybe? No thanks, I want my money back. Hopefully he is in fact refunding me...

But always ask if they actually have the headphones first.

May 20, 2004 at 12:20 AM Post #9 of 9
I got my 580 from eBay seller "hififorless". No problems, good price, headphones were new-in-the-box as advertised and arrived in two or three days. I'd buy from them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back