Looking for another IEM recommendation
Nov 26, 2011 at 12:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

kassarin

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I currently own a Brainwavz M2 and i have decided to upgrade from them. I've checked out several reviews about the x10 (the amazon golden box deal is going on now) and i've been wondering how the bass compares to the HF5 (on a scale of 1-10, hf5 being 1)

Or if you've been a Brainwavz m2 user before, which IEM did you upgrade to that suited your listening feel?

Thank you :)

Nov 26, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #2 of 7
I owned the M2 briefly. X10 are a world better in all ways. Bass is nice and deep without being muddy.  Some have said they're bloated but I find the base just right.  Clarity of the mids is good and no sign of sharp symbilance in the highs.  You really can't go wrong for the Amazon price right now.

Nov 26, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #3 of 7

Quote:
I owned the M2 briefly. X10 are a world better in all ways. Bass is nice and deep without being muddy.  Some have said they're bloated but I find the base just right.  Clarity of the mids is good and no sign of sharp symbilance in the highs.  You really can't go wrong for the Amazon price right now.

Hi, thanks for the reply :) Just wondering, i've been reading about the x10's flaws. Including the fragile strain relieve and wiring cracking. How true is this?

Nov 26, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #4 of 7
The HF5 are supperior sounding than X10i and both offers different soundsignatures like X10i is warm sounding compared to HF5. The HF5 are very detailed in mids with extended highs and has good bass response but X10i offer deeper richer smooth bass and good overall mids, highs clarity and resolution.

Nov 26, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
The HF5 are supperior sounding than X10i and both offers different soundsignatures like X10i is warm sounding compared to HF5. The HF5 are very detailed in mids with extended highs and has good bass response but X10i offer deeper richer smooth bass and good overall mids, highs clarity and resolution.

Thanks for the reply Zarim, i think i might be getting 1 off Amazon now. Im still worried about the wire and strain relieve problem. Any words to put into that?

Nov 26, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #6 of 7
Ahh crap, stranded too long looking at Head-fi while the x10s got sold out. 
frown.gif

Nov 26, 2011 at 1:41 AM Post #7 of 7
I've heard of people having problems with strain relief and the cable splitting at the ends.  I've had mine for a couple of years and I have not had the problem.  I'm pretty careful and don't pull them out from the cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back