Looking for an upgrade?
Jan 5, 2014 at 2:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bcd127

Head-Fier
Hey everyone. I have had my Shure SRH840's for a little over a year now and I love them to death; however, the right ear is beginning to short out. They are certainly still usable but I'm just thinking about whats next. The sound of the SHR840 is amazing and I want to stick to something like that. Balanced. Not too much bass, not too much treble. I'd like to try some open back headphones but closed back would be fine as well. Price range would be around $200ish. I'd like the best bang for my buck. Any recommendation helps. Thanks in advance!

Jan 5, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #2 of 5
Do you have an amp? If so, I would recommend the Beyerdynamic Dt-880 250 ohm version, which right now is on amazon for about $190. This is a great balanced headphone, with highs a little on the sparkly end.

Jan 5, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #4 of 5
  Unfortunatley no amp. What kind of price would I have to spend for a decent one? Fiio makes many amps that are good in this price range, to name a few, E12, E09K, and the E11 if you are looking for something cheap and portable. However, I personally would go with an Objective 2 amp which comes in around 120-130 depending where you get it, but it has enough power to drive all the headphones you might look to use in the near future, and will sound quite a bit better than the fiio amps. This will set you back quite a bit, but it is better than buying a $70 amp and not being happy and needing to spend that $130 later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back