Looking for an upgrade to the HyperX Cloud II.
Jan 26, 2018 at 4:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Dr_Frankengust

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi, I have tried asking for advice on r/headphones to no avail. I am hoping to get a response here. Thanks.

Budget
- Maximum $150, and willing to buy lightly used pairs of the recommended headphones on eBay if found for cheaper/ within budget there.

Source - Gaming PC.

Preferred Type of Headphone - Over-ear; open-back.

Preferred tonal balance - An emphasized bass and midtone level is preferred.

Past headphones - HyperX Cloud II and Sennheiser HD202. As much as I loved the Cloud II, they don't have detachable cables. I broke the headphone jack on my pair and had it replaced under warranty. I would prefer to just buy new cables reather than going through the hassle of warranty. Furthermore, the HD202's wiring was dodgy from my experience and I want to avoid it altoghether.

Preferred Music -

What would you like to improve on from your set-up? - A much shorter and detachable cable and an open-back for better sound quality. 3.5mm preferred.

Misc. - I am currently borrowing a Sennheiser HD 700, a Beyerdynamic T-70, and a Grado SR-80 to try using with.

Jan 26, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #2 of 4
Those that are in your price range that come to mind are the SHP9500, HD598, and the SoundMAGIC HP200. You might read about these and see what you think of them. It's conceivable one of them could fit for you. All three are terrific.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back