Looking for an upgrade to AKG Anniversary headphones....less than 350 preferably
Oct 6, 2014 at 5:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

kayan

100+ Head-Fier
Hey, so it's been a couple years since I last posted. I bought a pair of AKG Anniversary Headphones from another member on here, and it was my first pair of non-gaming headphones, that I kept.

I had previously purchased and returned a V-Moda M100. The sound was great (I thought), but the stock pads were terribly too small. My ears hurt after 5 minutes. So anyway I bought those AKG's, and they sound very good as well. I actually liked the sound from the M100s better, but the XL pads weren't available at the time. Anyway, now I'm looking to get something else or maybe in addition to, I'm looking for some closed back headphones for use travelling and at work.

I'll use them for MP3 (not really MP3, but rather lossless WMA and  use, and some gaming (portable and/or PC) as well. My desktop setup has a Fiio E09K paired with a Fiio E17. I'll be using the E17 as a portable AMP as well.

Music tastes are as follows:
Skillet
Thousand Foot Krutch
Disciple
We As Human
TobyMac
Family Force 5
etc...
Rock (classic-ish and alternative sounding, plus some harder rock), rapcore, some hip hop, and almost anything else (except country).

I'm considering the M100's again, with the XL pads, though I'm still not sure they will be comfy. Other than that, I have no idea. I like bass, a bit extra, but not at the complete expense of all other sounds, I blame video games. Please help, need to purchase within 2 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back