Looking for an upgrade for TRN V90
Apr 15, 2021 at 2:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

KJRari

New Head-Fier
Hey all. I'm an audio newbie, casual listener of music, and occasionally lurk through this site. That's how I got introduced to the world of Chi-Fi. And this thread is what guided me to buy a pair of TRN V90 iems. They have served me well for 1 year and 3 months, and I enjoyed the V-shaped tuning for house music/hiphop/trap and bass heavy genres, although they kinda sucked for rock due to the recessed vocals and mids.

Anyway, I'm looking for a suitable upgrade to replace them, preferably below $100. Something easy to drive, and with a warm sound. I will eventually begin getting serious with my collection of IEMs, but I need something that can act as a daily driver. Something comfortable to wear, and a nice soundstage. Oh, and decent build quality

I saw TRN released V90S as a follow-up to the V90, but reviews are mixed and they seem to be more of a sidegrade.

Anyway. TLDR - Recommendations for an upgrade for the TRN V90

Apr 15, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #2 of 2
If you want something a little more towards neutral / Harman curve the Moondrop Starfield is a good option in this price range. Mids will be more present, and the bass toned down but still capable.

That's my only experience with IEMs under $100 apart from the Blon BL-05, Tripowin TP-10, and KZ ZSX, and of those three I didn't like any of them enough to recommend.

Edit: apparently the Aria is very similar at around $80 (new release) if you don't want to spend so much on the Starfield, though I have no first hand experience with Aria.

https://primeaudio.org/moondrop-aria-review-aim-high/

The comparison section of this review may be helpful for you; based on graphs and sound descriptions at least the Whizzer HE01 may actually be an even better for for you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back