Looking for an upgrade for my Astro A50s
Dec 20, 2014 at 7:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Kingof7d9

New Head-Fier
I've had my A50s for about 2 years now and have served me pretty faithfully. I love how comfortable they are because I wear them for several hours daily. A few months back the mic on it stopped working, tho I easily fixed that issue with a mod mic 4.0. Since I got my mod mic I've been playing around with the idea of getting straight headphones with better sound quality and then using the mod mic with that. I've done a lot of research and looked at a lot of reviews on many different headphones. I love that my A50s are wireless but I don't want to spend $400+ again. I think I've narrowed down my choices between the Audio technica ATH m50x and the Byeredynamic custom one pro. I mainly use my headphones for gaming on my PC and PS4 and general movie/ computer uses. I really like the bass toggle on the Byeredynamics but the Audio Technicas seem to be one of the best sounding headphones out there. What should I do? Is the improvement in sound quality worth $200? If so which ones should I get? Or are there other headphones I should be looking at? Also just a general question. If I have my A50 mixamp hooked up to my ps4 via usp/ optical cable, could I run a wired headset to the mixamp and get audio that way? Any help would be awesome.

Dec 21, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #2 of 4
both M50 and COP are way overrated and way over-hyped imho, specially M50s. M50 has small congested soundstage with boosted bass. not good for gaming. not worth for the current price tag imo.. are you looking for a open-backed or closed back option ? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back