Looking for an RCA cable
Nov 5, 2014 at 5:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

muad

500+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I am looking for 5-6 foot rca cable with low capacitance and good shielding, that is still flexible. I have the BJC cable right now and it's awesome, except that it is really thick, heavy and inflexible. I am running an o2/odac as a preamp from the the rear rca output. The problem is the o2 is too light for such an inflexible cable, and it kind of slides around my desk. So I am looking for options less than $50. I don't believe in cable voodoo, but I don't mind spending this much for a good quality cable that fits its function.

Thanks

Nov 5, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #2 of 12
Hey guys,

I am looking for 5-6 foot rca cable with low capacitance and good shielding, that is still flexible. I have the BJC cable right now and it's awesome, except that it is really thick, heavy and inflexible. I am running an o2/odac as a preamp from the the rear rca output. The problem is the o2 is too light for such an inflexible cable, and it kind of slides around my desk. So I am looking for options less than $50. I don't believe in cable voodoo, but I don't mind spending this much for a good quality cable that fits its function.

Don't have any freebies laying around that came with a DVD player or something?

se

Nov 6, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #4 of 12
I can't use el cheapo ones, I get interference when I use my mouse. That's one of the reasons I grabbed the BJC ones.

Ah, ok.

Not sure what to tell you. It's the more robust shielding in the BJC cables that's making them so stiff.

Is it a wireless mouse?

se

Nov 6, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #9 of 12
a good RCA unbalanced interconnect cable has:

a] Low end-to-end Shield/Return resistance.
b] Good interference shielding.
c] Reasonably low capacitance.

OK the "anti-cable" has very low capacitance, but it fails the other two requirements.

Nov 7, 2014 at 3:05 AM Post #10 of 12
  a good RCA unbalanced interconnect cable has:

a] Low end-to-end Shield/Return resistance.
b] Good interference shielding.
c] Reasonably low capacitance.

OK the "anti-cable" has very low capacitance, but it fails the other two requirements.

interesting. so what are the consequences for lacking those requirements. are you saying it has an impact on sound quality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back