Looking for an over-ear portible setup.
Jun 5, 2012 at 8:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Lux Nocte

100+ Head-Fier
  I think we all know the overwealming process of buying headphones. I have some expirence with it, buying a few general pairs and one stereo gaming headset. Now that I have quit gaming and am selling my headset, I want to get serious into getting a desent semi-portable setup. I am a very frequent music listener. I probably listen from four to five hours of music each day. I also take my current crappy earbuds with me pretty much everywhere.

Things that I am looking at are similar to the "Phillips Citiscape Uptown." Which I saw in a video review. But I don't want to base my decition on one review. I have checked numerous headphone reviews and can not find many that can compare.

My musical preference ranges from celtic, new age, and a bit of classical piano. Most of the songs include female vocalists. I am not too big on bass, mostly bass is asvertised as it's own element. There are two elements of bass to me, which are "Pronounced' and "Ambient." Pronounced is very crisp staccato bass that is a main element of celtic music, which I am looking for. "Ambient" has very deep, lasting bass which is not exactly the sound I am looking for. A good mid-range is a must, and I don't care much about high frequencies. For price range, anything under $200

I am also looking for a portable amplifier, but that is not the most prominent concern at the moment.

I hope that narrows it down enough. And I hate to "eat and run" on forums, so I will stay here for a bit and help people on headphones that are within my range of knowledge.

Thank you.

Jun 5, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #2 of 3
i think the uptown fits your music preferences. they have nice, sweet midrange. bass not boomy and not bleed to the midrange as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back