looking for an mp3 player in Shangai
Apr 16, 2005 at 10:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

SLO7_MACHIN3

Head-Fier
hello im looking for an mp3 and ive in sight the zen micro cause i think (based on what ive read) its the best for what im searching, but my question is if anyone that could buy it at 150€ +- (portugal) would buy it in shangai (china) cause my grandfather will go there in may.if anyone participating in this forum is from there please give me some advice. if there mp3 players arent more expensive it would be good an extra pair of headphones cause in the major part of the players they are poor.any recommendation? etymotic would be good
etysmile.gif

ive read somewhere that zen micro lacks a little bass is it true? if the answer is yes then the headphones may have a good bass

Apr 17, 2005 at 9:30 AM Post #2 of 10
The Zen Micro does not lack bass. I use Shure E2c's and they sound great. Even when I had my EX71's it sounded very good but the bass was over exaggerated but that was easily fixed with Custom EQ settings.

Apr 17, 2005 at 1:26 PM Post #3 of 10
i think 2 the eq and good headphones solves the problem but im a 15 year old kid and cant wast much money on headphones so i created this thread to get some advice from chinese people or other from where could i buy cheap mp3s and headphones in shangai
1 more question when bringing electronics to portugal from there we will pay any tax or rights?
confused.gif

Apr 21, 2005 at 9:13 AM Post #4 of 10
Mp3 such as Zen micro from outside of China are generally somewhat more expensive than in other places such as Europe and Nor-America because of the higher import tax in China. Some of my colleagues bought their player from outside.

And, zen micro has many types, 4Gb is about 150€ -, but 5Gb zen micro is about 200€ +. and E2c etymotic headphone is about 80€ in Shanghai. So I think you'd better buy it in your place
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW, bringing serveral electronics to portugal from China will not pay any tax I think.

Apr 21, 2005 at 11:45 AM Post #5 of 10
China is quite cheap for electronics, at least when you convert yuans into Australian dollars. I'm not so sure about the Euro conversion rates though. If your grandfather is adept at Chinese or know someone who is (ie a local) then haggling can greatly reduce the price, sometimes by as much as 1/3 of the marked prices.

Apr 21, 2005 at 12:28 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by yjs
China is quite cheap for electronics, at least when you convert yuans into Australian dollars. I'm not so sure about the Euro conversion rates though. If your grandfather is adept at Chinese or know someone who is (ie a local) then haggling can greatly reduce the price, sometimes by as much as 1/3 of the marked prices.

emm..., for cloth or other commidity and with the stall-keeper alone the street, it's possible to haggle to 1/3 marked prices, but for electronics products especially imported products, it's hard to haggle. There are also flash mp3 made in China have good quality, but the micro-HD mp3 are not as good as oversee brand such as IRIVER, IAUDIO and IPOD.

I'm living in shanghai, blieve me.

Apr 21, 2005 at 12:56 PM Post #7 of 10
hi, i have read on several websites that china is a good place to buy minidisc players. from your experience is this true as i am somewat interested in the sony mz-rh10 and mz-rh910, and i know someone going to china. and could u advise on price for those sony DAPS is if u know?

Apr 21, 2005 at 1:33 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by renesis_au
hi, i have read on several websites that china is a good place to buy minidisc players. from your experience is this true as i am somewat interested in the sony mz-rh10 and mz-rh910, and i know someone going to china. and could u advise on price for those sony DAPS is if u know?

As I said, only electronics products designed and made in China are realy much cheaper than the imported brands.

For mz-rh10, it's about 400$ and mz-rh910 is about 250$, and you can search on amazon that mz-rh10 is only 249$ and mz-rh910 is only 200$.

Where r u and what's the price in your place?

Apr 21, 2005 at 1:53 PM Post #9 of 10
Maybe China HongKong is a good place to buy electronics because of the lower import tax. But in mainland it's not
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW, I think the price in HongKong will not be lower than in USA.

Buy Sony products in JP maybe the cheapest.

Apr 22, 2005 at 1:14 AM Post #10 of 10
As a disclaimer, I haven't been to Shanghai, but I do visit Beijing a few times a year and I'd be hesitant as to whether you would get a good price on a Zen Micro. It will probably be cheaper than 150 pounds though.

What I would recommend is to ask your grandfather where he is stopping over. If he happens to be stopping over in Singapore then you're on a winner. The airport has a Creative stand where you'll get probably the cheapest prices on creative products. They are selling the 4 gig version for the equivilant of 95 pounds and the 5 Gig for about 120 pounds.

Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back