Looking for an introductory pair of IEMs or Earbuds with decent treble for $50 (USD) or less
Feb 1, 2014 at 2:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

sailorcire

New Head-Fier
Hey,
   I was looking for a pair of introductory IEMs or Earbuds that have decent treble (as the title says). For the most part, I've
used Skull Candy ink'd which I haven't been disappointed with; however, I want to take a step up.

Most of the time I would be using them either through a cellphone, iPod 5th Gen (with RockBox), or directly into a computer.
So I would need to have some level of durability.

I'd like something that doesn't require an amplifier and isn't too heavy in bass (beats..) while not sounding like a like a tin can.

That all being said, I have done some research and read one of the lists here and am looking at a pair JVC HAFX40B.

What I'd like to know:
1) Is there a pair that might suite me better
2) Is there anything I should be aware of that might discourage me from this pair?

Hopefully the following list might help.

Music Listened To
Punk
Tango
Visual Kei (Moi Dix Mois, Malice Mizer)
Neo-classical metal
Breathy Vocalists (Tori Amos, Chino Moreno, Polly Scattergood)
Cha-Cha
Classical

Music Format
Ogg-Vorbis
Wav

Let me know if there is any other information that I can provide.

Feb 1, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #2 of 3
If you haven't already seen this thread, there is tons of info here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-309-iems-compared-ces-impressions-part-4-added-01-27-14-p-852

Feb 1, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #3 of 3
That was a lot of information, but I'd rather have too much documentation than too little. Thank you very much.

Looking at the reviews between the JVC HAFX-40B and the ViSang R02 I'll go with the ViSang.

Hopefully I can report back soon with a pleasant experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back