Looking for an IEM under/around $150
Jul 12, 2013 at 9:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Dwite

New Head-Fier
I'm an entry level headphone/IEM purchaser, and need a good place to start listening to music. WARNING:I have a lot of questions, so you might not want to waste your time reading this!

Here are some things:

1. Listening to music through my Galaxy S3, and am not sure what file type of audio i should be listening to.... 320kb?
  2. Listening to music genres like Trance music. I'm into other types of electronic music as well, with the occasional dubstep and house.
  3. Needing in ear monitors because I need to be mobile with them, and after having my Audio Technica ATHM50's I don't wanna wear headphones around all the time, so IEM's are a must.
  4. My budget is around 150$, and can be purchased anywhere
  5. I may be looking to get an amp down the road, but not with this money, Any reccomendations?

And ofcourse the biggest question of all: Which IEM's do you all reccomend for around 150$? 

Thank you all for your help, and I"m glad to be part of the Head-Fi forums!

Jul 12, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
I'm an entry level headphone/IEM purchaser, and need a good place to start listening to music. WARNING:I have a lot of questions, so you might not want to waste your time reading this!

Here are some things:

1. Listening to music through my Galaxy S3, and am not sure what file type of audio i should be listening to.... 320kb?
  2. Listening to music genres like Trance music. I'm into other types of electronic music as well, with the occasional dubstep and house.
  3. Needing in ear monitors because I need to be mobile with them, and after having my Audio Technica ATHM50's I don't wanna wear headphones around all the time, so IEM's are a must.
  4. My budget is around 150$, and can be purchased anywhere
  5. I may be looking to get an amp down the road, but not with this money, Any reccomendations?

And ofcourse the biggest question of all: Which IEM's do you all reccomend for around 150$? 

Thank you all for your help, and I"m glad to be part of the Head-Fi forums!

In regards to which IEM, try trolling through here: 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-288-iems-compared-ultimate-ears-600-600vi-added-07-05-13-p-725

Jul 13, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #3 of 4
Well the couple that I would recommend are if you are willing to spend slightly over, but well worth the price the vsonic gr07, or the etymotic research hf5. If you wanna save a little money but definately get your moneys worth I would also consider the Shure Se215, for around $100 which are terrific.

Jul 13, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #4 of 4
etymotic hf5 is a terrible choice due to its analytical sound sign, bass is really light for eletronic music in general.

Heard some trance guy said that he want his IEM with bass and treble boost for his music, though I think that a balanced IEM like GR07 will be a good and "safe" choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back