Looking for an IEM Recommendation
Jun 3, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #2 of 10
For a budget that you listed...possibly look at Hifiman RE-400. Yamaha EPH-100. Maybe a Westone 2. All in your price range, and should do well with your music preference. Good Luck!

Jun 3, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #3 of 10
I like my Ultimate Ears 350vi. I use them every day from work to working out at the gym. Very comfortable and have good bass response, mids, highs. iPhone/Android friendly, too! (with the 3-button remote) You'll have to specify which one you need. I find myself using them more than my home setup! Just my .02 cents. Good luck!

Jun 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #6 of 10
I would actually recommend the IE80 (full bodied, bass heavy, non-fatiguing) or the CKS1000 (less expensive than the IE80, but a real treat for your ears...search for the impressions thread.) if your budget could allot it. If you look at my profile I own a bunch of pretty good bass oriented IEMs, that still hold very good sound quality. You could get a bass monster for less than 100-150, but if you already have ears that have been used to the headphones you listed, you want to continue going up the ladder in quality, or at least sideways, not down. The ones I listed above actually are just recommendations based on hear-say. And I've heard decent things so far. However, from what I own and have experienced using...the IE80 and (more realistic for you budget) the CKS1000 may be what you are looking for. I spin, listen, mix a lot of House, and EDM style music...even though I hate that word, EDM. I believe you can find the CKS for less than 200 now, and possibly near the 150 area if you look at the right sites online. Also, I re-read your original post. If you like a thump in your sound with bass, hi's then mids...you can also try the JVC FX700 which holds those characteristics. It can be found near the 175-225 area. Good Luck!

Jun 3, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #8 of 10
If you really enjoy well layered bass without becoming overtly bassy then I would vote for Audio Technica ATH CK10.
They are definitely not bass head's IEMs but after listening to these, every other IEM sounds bloated to me.

Jun 3, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #9 of 10
The UE TF10Pro, GR07 are highly recommended and they sound amazing for the price with good punchy bass, wider soundstage and great mids, highs details. Klipsch Image X5, X10 are also highly recommended, X5 has wider soundstage neutral soundsignature with amazingly tight punchy bass(overall better than Sony XBA 3 but same soundsignature) and X10 are very warm with heavy bass. Iam selling my JVC FXT90(bassy yet very detailed)+Sony E474(8GB)+Harmen Kardon AE(punchy bass but more balanced), all for only $150 and JVC FXT90, Sony E474 are unused brand new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back