Looking for an IEM for gaming
May 26, 2015 at 8:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Plexon

Head-Fier
The only exception to this is, I need ones that don't fully isolate. I plan to use these for skype/mumble, and I would like to hear myself talk (we all know how awkward it is to talk when you can't hear yourself. Soundstage needs to be pretty good, as I primarily play CS:GO.

Thank you!

May 30, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #3 of 5
Just played a few rounds with my Senn IE8s and it was good. Could hear footsteps around corners thanks to the wider soundstage on these. Don't know your price range but the IE8s are a solid contender for gaming and music alike.

May 31, 2015 at 4:31 AM Post #4 of 5
  Just played a few rounds with my Senn IE8s and it was good. Could hear footsteps around corners thanks to the wider soundstage on these. Don't know your price range but the IE8s are a solid contender for gaming and music alike.

Agreed, IE8 or 80 have insane soundstage and nice amount of bass, for gaming very nice.

Problem is anything with isolation will make your voice sounds very strange to you, but you'll get used to it. Musicians even sing live with custom in ear monitors that isolate even more!

May 31, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #5 of 5
I game with CIEMs sometimes (perform great in CSGO).

They isolate everything around you but of course never your own voice.
It takes a while of getting used to though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back