Looking for an external DAC!
Jan 23, 2010 at 5:20 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBigCW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get the Maverick Audio D1 imo. I own it and it works quite well for $200 usd

Without a doubt do not under any circumstances buy the Beresford.

Stanley Beresford is a cheat and a liar and has a well documented history of lying and defaming this forum.

But his DACs work very well for the asking price.

Jan 23, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cortana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I need a DAC with 1 USB port, 1 Toslink port and 2 analog outputs.

Maverick has that. It has USB, TOSLINK, SPDIF, and two analog outputs (one is tube preamp, one regular.)

Plus it has two analog inputs.

Jan 24, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #19 of 25
Removed.
beerchug.gif

Jan 24, 2010 at 6:01 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Now I need a good shop in Europe, maybe in UK?

This might seem a silly question but here goes.

For what? have you decided on something?

Jan 26, 2010 at 7:45 PM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

For the Maverick.

I havent read all 50 odd pages of that thread yet but what i have sounds promising.

I dont think you will be able to get the maverick in any shop let alone in the UK, I think for now, it comes with free shipping from the maverick website

Jan 26, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcoops16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I havent read all 50 odd pages of that thread yet but what i have sounds promising.

I dont think you will be able to get the maverick in any shop let alone in the UK, I think for now, it comes with free shipping from the maverick website

I am in nearly the exact same situation as the OP, except with a Nakamich RE-10 receiver and HD580s. I have read every page of the thread on the Maverick and was eager to pull the trigger until I stumbled on the part where it was revealed that the Mav will not take a 16/44 signal bit-perfect over USB. 16/44 will get converted to 16/48.

Numerous people in that thread, (including MS developers and Maverick staff) have tried working around this down to the code level with no success. However, I will say that there aren't many other DACs in that price-range, with those features, that are generally well-reviewed here (except for the XS 01 and GF DACs that supposedly share the same guts as the maverick - but there doesn't seem to be any information as to whether these units share the same USB issues as the Maverick).

If OP ends up getting something let me know how it works out, I will do the same for you.

Jan 30, 2010 at 4:07 PM Post #24 of 25
Ok, I wont buy the HD650. Now I just need an external DAC (Monitor Controller).

EMU 0404 or Caiman?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back