Looking for an endgame Universal IEM!
Jun 20, 2017 at 4:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Joel Vanderbaum

New Head-Fier
I'm in the market for a TOTL universal iem. I'm undecided between the 64 Audio U18 Tzar, JH Audio Layla II or the Empire Ears Zeus XVII Adel. Anyone here who may have heard one or some of them and could compare them? I'm looking for an iem that has tight but impactful (when called upon) bass, lush mids and sparkly treble. Something that can handle most genres without a hitch.
I own a MrSpeakers Ether Flow and Audeze LCD-3f as part of my desktop setup but want something equally as amazing sounding for when I'm out. Recommendations are welcome!

Jun 20, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #2 of 9
I think you should probably add the Campfire Andromeda to your list. It's been awhile since I've heard it but it was fantastic. Maybe read about it and see what you think. It might work.

Jun 20, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #3 of 9
Well haven't heard the new Zeus as Empire Ears didn't make it to CanJam this year but the Zeus is definitely a great sounding earphone. The Layla is as well but I would probably go with the Zeus still. Not real sure about the U 18 Tzar it didn't stick out at me to remember but the Tia Forte is the best of all I've heard but it's damn expensive. The Andromeda's are also good but these others are just a bit better.

Jun 20, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #4 of 9
Forgot to add that I would mostly be using a Chord Mojo or the AK300 with them. After reading a bit more now I'm torn between the Zeus and the Forte :triportsad:

Jun 20, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #5 of 9
Heard them out of my QP1R and both are fantastic. I just wished Empire Ears was at CanJam SoCal this year but the Fortes were just outstanding. I'm more of a headphone person but do love good sound though. Still debating whether or not to turn my Ether-C's into Ether Flows it's a hard decision as I didn't care for the C Flows over the C's might have to wait for Christmas bonus time and just buy a pair of Flows and keep the C's. You would not go wrong with either would have loved to hear the new Zeus though.

Jun 20, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #6 of 9
Heard them out of my QP1R and both are fantastic. I just wished Empire Ears was at CanJam SoCal this year but the Fortes were just outstanding. I'm more of a headphone person but do love good sound though. Still debating whether or not to turn my Ether-C's into Ether Flows it's a hard decision as I didn't care for the C Flows over the C's might have to wait for Christmas bonus time and just buy a pair of Flows and keep the C's. You would not go wrong with either would have loved to hear the new Zeus though.
Any audible differences between the Forte and U18 that you can remember? Thank you very much for the help! I just love my Ether Flows, spectacular sound quality :)

Jun 20, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #7 of 9
Any audible differences between the Forte and U18 that you can remember? Thank you very much for the help! I just love my Ether Flows, spectacular sound quality :)
I can't give you specifics as I didn't try to evaluate between the two. The Forte was the best I heard at the show and then probably the Layla's if that helps? Like I said I'm more of a headphone person and can only give you what stuck out for me what I thought was special. Oh and I have to say the Noble Kaiser Encore were also good as I did not like the K10's but they did fix it and they are also very good I know this doesn't help much but it just came to me. Just going off memory I would probably put them up there with the Layla's but with a more neutral sound signature as the Layla's are more of a lusher sound .

Jun 21, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #9 of 9
Actually have the Xelento, extremely satisfying and great sound but just couldn't help adding a flagship iem to my collection. Went ahead and bought the 64 Audio U18, will hopefully post some comparisons between them and the Xelento :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back