looking for an amplifier
Feb 24, 2005 at 2:44 AM Post #2 of 8
Hate to say this, guy, but you are going to need a pre-amp w/ a phono stage and an amp, or an integrated with a phono stage, or a separate phono stage to feed a pre-amp or integrated. Signal from a tt is very small and needs RIAA equalization, before being pre-amplified and then amplified.
frown.gif

Feb 24, 2005 at 6:47 PM Post #3 of 8
Hi,
I already have something that looks like a pre-amp, it's a "kenwood stereo control amplifier kc-206" with a phono input.
Do you think I have to buy absolutly a kenwood power-amp or I can buy another one? If I buy just a power-amp, it must be a "stereo amplifier integrated"?
Thanks

Feb 24, 2005 at 7:02 PM Post #4 of 8
Chickito- You are correct, a control amp is another term for a pre-amp, and if it has a phono input then it should be able to handle a MM or high output MC cart. YOu can use any power amp you like.

Feb 24, 2005 at 7:06 PM Post #5 of 8
Chickito- You are correct, a control amp is another term for a pre-amp, and if it has a phono input then it should be able to handle a MM or high output MC cart. YOu can use any power amp you like. You do NOT need an integrated amp, which is a power amp and pre-amp together.

Feb 24, 2005 at 11:15 PM Post #7 of 8
I've got another question: where do I have to connect the power-amp?
There are 2 kind of holes behind the pre-amp. For the "output", there are 2 holes: one white for the left and one red for the right. But there're 2 other green holes for the "system control".
Which ones are good to connect the power-amp?

Feb 24, 2005 at 11:23 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by chikito
I've got another question: where do I have to connect the power-amp?
There are 2 kind of holes behind the pre-amp. For the "output", there are 2 holes: one white for the left and one red for the right. But there're 2 other green holes for the "system control".
Which ones are good to connect the power-amp?

Red and White would be the boys. System Control sounds like some external remote control link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back