Looking for an amp!
Dec 25, 2009 at 8:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Saitek666

Head-Fier
Recently the folks here in head-fi helped me to select new earphones, I got the Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 and I'm very happy with them. Right now I have the Triple fi hooked up to my Fiio 3 using my mini cable from Practical Devices. As a student I can't afford at the moment to buy a extremely expensive amp, like the tomahack, or a Ibasso D2 boa. So if anyone could help me selecting an amp below the 70$ would be excellent

My choices so far would be the Fiio e5, Gary's PA2V2, Nuforce Icon Mobile. How well would they work with the UE triple fi with those, any other recommendations are welcome.

Dec 26, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #2 of 6
Hello,
If there is anyway you could save just a bit more- the Ibasso T3 is a very nice amp. I am enjoying mine tremendously. Have fun

Dec 27, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #3 of 6
the fiio e5 is good but also check ebay for fred_fred_2004 he makes really great amps.i just bought one with a rechargeable battery included for my tf's, works perfect with them.they are getting reshelled @ fisher hearing this week.

Dec 28, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by todd92371 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,
If there is anyway you could save just a bit more- the Ibasso T3 is a very nice amp. I am enjoying mine tremendously. Have fun

I could do that, but I'm not gonna be able to get it for now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by teds headfood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the fiio e5 is good but also check ebay for fred_fred_2004 he makes really great amps.i just bought one with a rechargeable battery included for my tf's, works perfect with them.they are getting reshelled @ fisher hearing this week.

I went to his profile and apparently there is nothing for sale there. I'm still thinking in getting them reshelled, maybe later.

Thanks for the help guys.

Dec 28, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saitek666 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I could do that, but I'm not gonna be able to get it for now.

I went to his profile and apparently there is nothing for sale there. I'm still thinking in getting them reshelled, maybe later.

Thanks for the help guys.

I have two of Fred's amps if you are interested will sent you the specs, they are really nice amps.

Dec 28, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have two of Fred's amps if you are interested will sent you the specs, they are really nice amps.

That would be nice, thanks once again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back