looking for an amp for dt770
Nov 7, 2014 at 6:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

cptnbuffy

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone ,
I am planning to buy a dt770 250 ohm for metal generes like doom or death but the thing that I fear most is the treble . I really hate high treble , my ears used to hurt when I listened to my ath700 . Anyone can help me find an amp that will give me a good sound that won't make my ears bleed for less than 400$ ? 

Nov 7, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #3 of 6
  Hello everyone ,
I am planning to buy a DT770 250 ohm for metal generes like doom or death but the thing that I fear most is the treble . I really hate high treble , my ears used to hurt when I listened to my ath700 . Anyone can help me find an amp that will give me a good sound that won't make my ears bleed for less than 400$ ? 

What sources will you be using?
For $400, you can get headphones that sound better then the DT770s.

Nov 7, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #5 of 6
Anyone can help me find an amp that will give me a good sound that won't make my ears bleed for less than 400$ ? 

Solely on the basis of tonal balance, I'd suggest a Chinese BCL clone from ebay. It's ~$150, and sounds somewhat dark-ish on top with a very powerful low end. It's not a highly resolving component and it's not the beacon of audiophelia, but it is well-built with a sound that seems consistent with your preference. In a perfect world I'd recommend a Violectric V200.

If you decide on this route, please feel free to shoot me a note and I'll be happy to point you to the exact product. Good luck.

Nov 7, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #6 of 6
  if music source is what you mean then I will be using my mostly my pc with flac files and my turntable .
I find it really hard to find a good headphone for my taste 

So maybe a DAC/amp, something that can connect digitally to the PC, but also has an analog input for connection to the turntable.
Aune T1 MK2
http://www.amazon.com/Aune-T1-Generation-Amplifier-Decoder/dp/B00A2QJMRY

Or maybe get the FiiO E07K DAC/amp and Audio Technica ATH-A900X headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back