Looking for an ABSOLUTELY AMAZING pair of headphones
Jul 30, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:
Quote:
eBay?
I just did a search for "AKG K1000"
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xakg+k1000&_nkw=akg+k1000&_sacat=0&_from=R40

lol talk about price gouging. ($4 k? rly.....?) I remember seeing two pairs of AKG 1000 on sales forum less than 2 months ago and it was sold for less than half that amt. No way they're worth that much considering alternatives. Unfortunately it is very rare that i've seen the akg 1000 on sales forum and they tend to disappear fast if they do make a apparence in the sales forums.

if you want a reasonble price for this i feel like u just need to stalk the sales forum and pray someone will post.

XD

Yes, but:
Quote:
Don't care about price cause I plan on saving up until I can afford it anyways.

And it's a bass heavy version so it's even rarer.

Aug 1, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #20 of 24
Quote:
Does anyone know what type of music sounds good with the HD800's?

Just read a review and it seems like they might be over analyticall headphones which I'm not too excited about.

lol i would assume they sound good with everything? I saw no particular problem with pop music atleast.  Might be one of the most detailed phones u hear but perhaps not the most enjoyable as was the case for me.

Aug 1, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #22 of 24
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, but:
And it's a bass heavy version so it's even rarer.

is that a revised version? or was there two distinct version to begin wit?

It was a revision to the headphone. Just like the early K 701s had 7 bumps on the headband and later ones have 8 bumps.

Aug 1, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:
Can you elaborate more on this? This is what has me worried.

well i mean is that it really comes down to personal preferrence.

I'll see a lot of people that really like the HD800 because they think that reproducing the recorded music as accurately as possible is whats most important to them. And i think thats fair to think that way since that is the original goals of a headphone.

When i listened to them i could tell that these headphones sounded really accurate but i still found other phones with less accuracy more enjoyable as a music listener. (example: HE-500 or LCD 2.2) In other words people like me and others might find it boring because its too accurate. (i had similar troubles with the T1) I've also heard comments where the phones are too revealing and is unforgiving when listening to bad recordings.

If you really want your music to sound as accuratly as possible HD 800 is a great choice but if you don't mind some blemish to make it sound more appealing to you personally, you might enjoy some other high end phones.

AKG 1000 might also be good as MiceBlue suggested but i haven't heard those before personally. I have heard it has one of the best sound stage amnogst headphones though.

note- it may be a good idea to look through the flagship headphone guide on headfi. Its almost like a unofficial quasai bible here that can give you a decent gist on what to expect. But remember the reviews are still catered towards reviewer's personal tastes and what matter's most is your own personal taste.

btw headfi is a great way to keep up wit my english. Its a good thing i decided to make a account after much lurking.

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #24 of 24
I second the HD800 as I am thinking about the same thing as OP, but, and this is a BIG but, the HD800 is not easy to drive and will need a REALLY good amp for it.  Lucky that Sennheiser finally release a good amp for it, and it is the HDVD 800.  If you want to save up and go all out, you might just as well get the best and get it done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back