Looking for Amp suggestions Please. Grado sr225i, Senn hd650
Aug 28, 2013 at 3:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

pblogic007

New Head-Fier
Hi!

I've been using a Fiio e09 and e7 combo for a couple of years and was pleased for quite sometime. I started with the Grado Sr60 and then Senn HD650, very different I know. What I'm finding is that the Fiio is really creating a more muddy or velied experience than I would prefer. I know that the 650's can be regarded as a little veiled, or too warm at times, but I find the Fiio muddies this up a bit more and I find it even worse with the sr225 and even the 60. It can kind of take that forward sound that I like about grado and make it more harsh without really helping the detail.

I like different types of music at different times. I love listening to warm, fuzzy electronic stuff on the 650. However I also enjoy classical and rock. I like this to be as detailed as possible.

In the future I may consider a higher end Grado like the ps1000 or gs1000. I find the more I listen the more I really value accuracy and detail... but not harshness.

I've noticed that when I don't amp the Grado's I almost like them better. To my ear the fiio not only veils them but makes them shrill.

The best way to characterize what I'm looking for is a detailed but still slightly warm or full sound without the shrill muddiness that I feel I'm getting from the Fiio.

I'd like to keep things between the 300$ 500$ range. Is there a good upgrade in that price range? Or an amp that gives me the sound I'm looking for?

I've looked at the Schiit Lyr as a possiblity.

Thank you for any suggestions!

Sep 24, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #2 of 2
I've just get my FIIO E07K, can you tell me why you want to change your E7 ? and does it wort to get in my case the E9K?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back