Looking for AMP Recommendations. Sound similar to Burson Conductor in a smaller package
Jan 10, 2018 at 9:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

shrisha

500+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I have Burson Conductor amp and I really like its sound, but frequent travel force me to downsize and settle for something smaller in terms of size and weight. Is there anyone who's familiar with Burson's house sound and Burson Conductor in particular, could you please recommend a similar sound signature in a smaller package so to say? I'm using Audeze LCD-3 headphones if it helps in terms of matching phones with the amp.
Ideally it should be a DAC + AMP in one box, but if they are small I would consider separate DAC + AMP.

Thank you and I appreciate any recommendations.

Jan 11, 2018 at 12:44 AM Post #3 of 9
Thank you, I somehow missed this product.
Have you heard it? How is it compared to Conductor?

I also hear a lot of good things about Hugo 2, is it completely different from Burson house sound?

Jan 11, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #4 of 9
Thank you, I somehow missed this product.
Have you heard it? How is it compared to Conductor?

I also hear a lot of good things about Hugo 2, is it completely different from Burson house sound?

I haven't heard the conductor, but the Play is from burson and if you email them they will be able to tell you the difference. I love the Play though.

Jan 20, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #6 of 9
Are you looking for portability or transportability? They're two different things depending on what you want. The Conductor is a power beast so you might want to be careful with smaller devices expecting similar power output / sound signature for your LCD-3s.

Jan 21, 2018 at 8:01 AM Post #7 of 9
I'm looking for transportability, I do not need portability.
Yes, I understand that therefore looking for advice.

Are you looking for portability or transportability? They're two different things depending on what you want. The Conductor is a power beast so you might want to be careful with smaller devices expecting similar power output / sound signature for your LCD-3s.

Jan 21, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #8 of 9
And are you referring to the latest Conductor with the ES9018S DAC module, i.e. the Conductor V2+? Either way if you like the Burson house sound I'd stay with Burson. Give the Play a shot if you can demo it. It still has decent power, 0.32W at 100 ohms which is close to the impedance of your LCD-3. I could recommend some other reference sounding amps but they're not transportable.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #9 of 9
I'm referring to the regular Conductor not the V2+.
Please do recommend other amps.

Thanks.

And are you referring to the latest Conductor with the ES9018S DAC module, i.e. the Conductor V2+? Either way if you like the Burson house sound I'd stay with Burson. Give the Play a shot if you can demo it. It still has decent power, 0.32W at 100 ohms which is close to the impedance of your LCD-3. I could recommend some other reference sounding amps but they're not transportable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back