Looking for amp/dac under $150 with optical audio input
Jun 20, 2015 at 12:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

NeoShadow31

New Head-Fier
Hello, I am looking for some amp/dac recommendations. I want the amp/dac to be no more than $150 and it needs to have optical audio, USB, and 3.5mm inputs. Anyone know what amp/dac will fit the bill? I've been looking at the Fiio E17K Alpen 2 but it doesn't have an optical input, and some of the things (I've heard) about it I don't like.

Thanks in advanced!

-Connor

Jun 20, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #2 of 4
Audioengine D1 (non-portable - $170ish) and teac ha-p50 (portable at $200ish) springs to mind. may be able to find them on sale. Fiio d07 dac only has optical at $50ish, but no amp.

I think the old Fiio E17 (not the k17k2 alpen) has a spdif coax input, but no sure if any of those are still being sold.

can't think of any dac/amps with optical at your price point currently on the market.

edit: creative soundblaster e5 also has optical input at $200ish

Jun 20, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #3 of 4
  Hello, I am looking for some amp/dac recommendations. I want the amp/dac to be no more than $150 and it needs to have optical audio, USB, and 3.5mm inputs. Anyone know what amp/dac will fit the bill? I've been looking at the Fiio E17K Alpen 2 but it doesn't have an optical input, and some of the things (I've heard) about it I don't like.

Thanks in advanced!

-Connor

Check out the older model FiiO E17 (non-K).

Jun 20, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #4 of 4
  Audioengine D1 (non-portable - $170ish) and teac ha-p50 (portable at $200ish) springs to mind. may be able to find them on sale. Fiio d07 dac only has optical at $50ish, but no amp.

I think the old Fiio E17 (not the k17k2 alpen) has a spdif coax input, but no sure if any of those are still being sold.

can't think of any dac/amps with optical at your price point currently on the market.

edit: creative soundblaster e5 also has optical input at $200ish

The creative e5 is on MassDrop right now for $149.00.   If you act in the next day or two.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back